Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pain Medicine Article Review. Life is Movement, Pain is Stagnation.

Pain Medicine article Review
U.S. Medicine published an article November 2014 with the most recent news in military pain management, "Pain is a Growing Issue for Troops and Veterans; Safer Remedies Sought" by Sandra Basu.  It discusses some innovative strategies of non-drug pain management modalities and how the VA and DoD are working toward making them more available to service members.  While there may still be a long road ahead, it appears they may be through the woods and into the open fields with all the plans this article lays out.  I am happy our military leaders in pain management are continuing with their forward-thinking on integrative medicine and non-drug pain management options for service members, dependents, retirees, and veterans. 

In health care, BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE
Getting access to the health care a person needs can be challenging.  The Affordable Health Care Act was set up to make this easier.  Any system is not perfect.  All systems could be better.  I encourage my friends, family, and patients to be advocates for themselves and their children when it comes to health care.  It is often not easy advocating for yourself, but it is the ethical and just thing to do.  We must be pro-active in our health.  Life is about movement.  "a rolling stone gathers no moss".  One of the laws of inertia:  "an object in motion stays in motion".  In Traditional Chinese Medicine, life is about movement, flow, transitions, change.  When we stop the movement, stagnation arises.  Out of stagnation comes disharmony and, eventually, disease.

Life is Movement
So, be pro-active about your health and the health of your community.  Support your community leaders and let them know how they can support and represent you.  (Leaders love constructive feedback--it helps them do their job).  Be active in your mind, body, and spirit.  Life is movement.  Let it flow.

-Megan


25 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this.
    pain management murfreesboro tn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly superb blog, I don’t have actual words to praise in regards for this
    fatigue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it.I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    urgent care Brooklyn NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this post will be a fine read for my blog readers too, could you please allow me to post a link to my blog. I am sure my guests will find that very useful.
    creatine with amino acids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a blog! I mean, you just have so much guts to go ahead and tell it like it is. Youre what blogging needs, an open minded superhero who isnt afraid to tell it like it is. This is definitely something people need to be up on. Good luck in the future, man
    ZetaClear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for always being the source that explains things instead of just putting an unjustified answer out there. I loved this post.
    buy SARMs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog really glad to have such type of blog to share my comment keep posting like that really appreciated.
    gastric sleeve diet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really very agree with your qualities it is very helpful for look like home. Thanks so much for info and keep it up.
    sciatic nerve pain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the information you share it about the health I really must appreciate your work.
    Health and wellness

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am undeniably thankful to you for providing us with this invaluable related information. My spouse and I are easily grateful, quite frankly the documents we needed.
    sleep aid

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to say this has been probably the most helpful posts for me. Please keep it up. I cant wait to read whats next.
    Personal training Oldham

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly superb blog, I don’t have actual words to praise in regards for this.
    forskolin extract for weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really appreciate your all efforts which is specially for the health and body care.
    train your pelvic floor

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
    Shoulder Pain Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's just an amazing and nice post about disease cure,.
    Borreliose Klinik

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is something really an amazing and nice post,
    Joyce McKinney

    ReplyDelete
  17. Quickly this site will indisputably be famous among all blogging people, because of its fastidious articles or reviews.
    Learn Martial Arts Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly superb blog, I don’t have actual words to praise in regards for this.
    Type 2 Diabetes Destroyer

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have gone through and found this blog very helpful,.
    loose weight

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is something really amazing and helpful,.
    Boga Yoga

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice blog and all the information are very nice and interesting good work.
    psychological thriller

    ReplyDelete
  22. Interesting blog and I really like your work and must appreciate you work for the resources nice work.
    resources

    ReplyDelete